Translate

Friday, October 3, 2014

SWEET MEMORIES OF THAT SPECIAL TIME!!

We still stand back in awe at the precious gift that was given to us by our Heavenly Father!  I'm not sure that a child could be loved more.....we so love our son, Samuel Logan Fling!  Found these pics and it reminded me of God's words in March, 2008.  I heard, "Unto you a son is given," in what appeared an audible voice to me.   A few days later to our delight Samuel was graciously given to us by our Loving Heavenly Father. 

I looked back at that great gift, then literally dropping baby gifts into our laps also.  At the time of Samuel's birth we had two small dingy dark grocery stores to shop in.  Most of the time you could only buy items that were local and sometimes things that were shipped in from Lima, the capital.  However, I'll never forget the day I walked in and through the sunlight shining through an opening on the roof, saw a Fisher Price swing with ALL the gadgets sitting there......all the way from America!  My Aunt Karen had just sent an amount of money for Samuel's birth and it covered the price of the imported swing.  That probably sounds like a small thing to some, but to this first time mother with only 10 days notice that I might be receiving a child, I felt so blessed that my Father personally made sure it was there.  Could Samuel have lived without a baby swing.....MOST DEFINITELY!.....however, it's just like our Father to show up and go beyond what we could ask or think.

The baby shower that was given to me by the Corbins met and exceeded any daydreams I had of having a shower in the States.  God is so good and I will forever be thankful for our Samuel.....a son truly asked of God and given by HIM!





No comments:

Post a Comment